Admission Procedure and Important Dates
- May 1, 2017 to November 30, 2017: Online Pre-Enrollment to Studies for Winter Semester 2016/2017 at JKU Linz
- Mon July 3, 2017 to September 5, 2017: General Admission Period JKU
- July 2017: Informational Meeting, Room S3 318 (JKU Linz, Science Park 3, 3rd floor)
- In the end of September 30, 2017: Bus trip to Budweis for enrollment procedure at USB Budweis
The bus will leave at 8:00am sharp from the entrance to Science Park (Bauteil 1 - Mechatronik, see black arrow on plan).
Please be in time - take into account the morning traffic jams in Linz!
Students will need to pay a contribution to the travel costs (ca. 20€).
You need to take along:
* passport or identity card
* 3 passport size photos
* copy of certificate of qualification for university matriculation for bachelor study (Maturazeugnis)
* confirmation of your matriculation in Linz (e.g. Kepler Card)
* approx. 5000 CZK (500 CZK for admission proceedure, approx. 4100 CZK for room in K4)
- Mon October 3, 2016 (2017 tba): start winter teaching period in Budweis
Enrollment in BudweisStudents will be assisted with the enrollment procedure at the University of South-Bohemia. The study department is located in the 2nd floor of building "A", see Campus Map-Budweis.
The fee for administration and admission proceeding is 500 CZK.
In case of questions concerning the inscription, please contact vice-dean Sárka Klementová (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the study department (email@example.com).
AccomodationThere will be a provisional reservation of rooms in Budweis in K4 building:
two double rooms share a private bathroom, costs appr. 85 Euros per month per person
2 monthly rates must be paid upon arrival (approx. 4100 CZK) Private dormitory nearby Campus Budweis (reservation must be done by students). You can reach Budweis by train (ca. 2 hours), by bus (check westbus.at) or by car (ca 1.5 hrs). Students in the 3rd semester will receive an email in February with the offer to do a reservation in Julius Raab Heim (dormitory).
Further Student Dormitories in and around Campus Linz (reservation must be done by students)
The admission procedure at JKU Linz for international students (with non-Austrian academic qualification and certification) is depending on the country where the student comes from. Therefore contact the Admissions Office of JKU Linz at firstname.lastname@example.org, where you will obtain the correct information required for the admission at JKU Linz.
Non-EU citizens will require student visa for the country, where they will have residence during the respective semesters.
You can obtain information regarding visas and residence permits at the Austrian and Czech Consulate or Embassy located in your home country.
Study in Czech Republic
Cross-Border Study of Bioinformatics at USB Budweis
Information for prospective students at USB Budweis
Information for students at USB Budweis
For further questions regarding the bachelor study Bioinformatics please contact us at email@example.com.